Discover the new book by J.N. PAQUET, Author-Journalist and Political Writer at Byline and Huffington Post UK. A practical book providing valuable reporting and facts on populism in politics during a divisive time in the world.
The author takes a close look at the dynamics that exist between populism and the society in general. From Farage in Britain to Podemos in Spain, Syriza in Greece, Sarkozy, Le Pen, Orbán, Hofer or Duda, the book takes us on a journey to understand how populist characters have successfully challenged established elites, mainstream parties and experts in recent years and forever redefined politics from a Left-Right two-party system with shared democratic values to a split multi-party system with deeply rooted nationalistic and revolutionary principles. The old Left-Right, Socialist-Conservative, Labour-Tories, Democrats-Republicans divisions have now given place to new divides: Brexiteers-Remoaners, Trump-Sanders, Racists/Bigoted-World Citizens, Populists-Unifiers.
The series will try to answer the question of the future of populism. Will it keep rising or eventually come to a halt? What comes after populism?
* * * * * *
The series "Brexit. The Tip of The Populist Iceberg?" in 4 volumes:
Volume 1. Populism in Europe.
Volume 2. Populism in The Americas.
Volume 3. Populism in The World.
Volume 4. Populism in Britain.
* * * * * *
VOLUME 1. POPULISM IN EUROPE
Included in this book, reporting on:
- Britain: Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Theresa May
- France: Nicolas Sarkozy, Jean-Luc Mélanchon and Marine Le Pen
- Holland: Geert Wilders and Party for Freedom
- Italy: Silvio Berlusconi and Movimento 5 Stelle
- Spain: Podemos and Pablo Iglesias Turrión
- Greece: Syriza and Alexis Tsipras
- Austria: Norbert Hofer and FPÖ
- Hungary: Viktor Orbán and Fidesz
- Miloš Zeman (Czech Republic), Andrzej Duda (Poland) and Alternative für Deutschland (Germany)
* * * * * * *
Author: J.N. PAQUET
Narrator: Jack Wynters
Publisher: JNPAQUET Books Ltd
Running Time: 139 min